At Urban Systems, a big part of our overall recruitment strategy is to Grow Our Own.
We hire co-op students and recent graduates and help them to grow in a rapid and purposeful way through broad exposure to all our areas of practice and extensive on-the-job learning. We’re just the right size (approximately 400 employees) to remain flexible and adaptable and to allow you to be involved in multidisciplinary teams working on meaningful projects within your discipline.
Opportunities for college/university students
- We typically hire between 20-30 students per summer, for anywhere from 4- to 18-month work terms.
- Our students come from across Canada, as well as through relationships with faculty and students at various universities, colleges, technical schools and professional associations.
- Our primary needs include civil engineering (3rd or 4th year students), planning (Masters-level programs) and technology students (in a 2- or 3-year engineering technology program).
New challenges for new grads
- We typically hire engineers-in-training, junior planners and grad techs at various locations each year.
- You will be provided with mentorship and guidance and will work on real projects with immediate responsibility, while having access to professional development.
- You will have the opportunity to network with other Novice Consultants through knowledge-sharing sessions and a company-wide retreat.
- We will help you integrate quickly through social interactions, including branch sports teams, informal gatherings, social committees and more.