Cycling Across Canada – How Canadian cities are promoting cycling for people of all ages and abilities
Vancouver is one of the most livable and bicycle-friendly cities in North America. But what are other cities across Canada doing to promote cycling? Join us at this fun, informal event to learn about the state of cycling in cities across Canada, ranging from Calgary’s wildly successful City Centre Cycle Track Network pilot project, to Winnipeg’s award-winning long-range active transportation plan and Victoria’s plan to become the world’s best small city for cycling by 2018, among others.
This evening event will include short pecha kucha presentations from politicians, municipal staff, and cycling advocates from cities across Canada, including Victoria, Calgary, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, and Halifax. Presentations will be followed by a discussion moderated by Darren Davis.
Appetizers and drinks will be provided.
- Victoria – Jeremy Loveday, City Councillor, City of Victoria
- Calgary – Tom Thivener, Projects Coordinator, Livable Streets Division, City of Calgary
- Saskatoon – Vicky Reaney, Project Manager, Active Transportation Plan, City of Saskatoon
- Winnipeg – Jamie Hilland, Program Manager, Green Action Centre
- Toronto – Jacquelyn Hayward Gulati, Manager, Cycling Infrastructure & Programs, City of Toronto
- Montreal – Bartek Komorowski, Project Leader, VeloQuebec
- Halifax – Hanita Koblents, Former Active Transportation Coordinator, Halifax Regional Municipality
Sorry folks the event is sold out.
This event is being held in conjunction with ProWalk ProBike ProPlace, the premier conference in North America for walking and bicycling professionals from the public and private sectors.
Priority registration will be provided for conference attendees.