We were retained by the City of Chilliwack to assess flooding in the Greendale area as a result of a significant January 2009 storm event. Among other drainage improvements, it was recommended that the pumping capacity of the two principal drainage pump stations for the lowland catchment be increased.
We were retained to provide detailed design and equipment procurement services for the Collinson Pump Station upgrades. The scope of services include:
- Select optimal pumps for the required capacity upgrades
- Lead pump procurement process
- Lead generator and electrical equipment procurement process
- Complete design of the new electrical and controls/instrumentation components
- Coordinate powerline relocation design and transformer replacement works (work by BC Hydro)
- Cooordinate design and construction of a new electrical/generator building
- Complete structural and civil design to incorporate new pumping and electrical equipment
- Prepare and carry out installation tender, and provide construction phase services for installation contract
The project is in its detailed design phase and the installation phase is expected to start in the summer of 2015.
City of Chilliwack, BC