We worked with the Capital Regional District (CRD) to undertake a study of economic development and cycling in the region. The study is part of the implementation of the Pedestrian and Cycling Master Plan completed in 2011. The study includes primary and secondary research, including,
- General introduction to the components of economic development and cycling
- Estimate of local economic activity
- Indicators to measure economic development and cycling
- Best practices to measure and support economic development
- Short term actions for the CRD and member municipalities to increase economic activity related to cycling.
To ensure the results of the study were relevant to local governments in the CRD, economic development and other local plans were reviewed to identify key themes. As a result, the study focused on local business development, tourism and attracting the technology sector.
Capital Regional District