We worked with the City of Castlegar on an Integrated Community Sustainability Planning (ICSP) Process, including the development of an Infrastructure Strategy and a Sustainable Community Plan through a phased approach.
This project has helped the City of Castlegar to articulate:
- a vision for community sustainability
- establish guiding principles for the future development of the community
- foster sustainability awareness and public engagement in the planning process
- review social, economic, and environmental conditions (triple bottom line) in the development of the community
- review available land supply and long-term demand in the City
- complete future development scenario analysis to evaluate development options based on integrated sustainability planning considerations
- validate infrastructure strategies to accommodate the selected development scenario
- develop policies to address high priority ICSP areas such as economic development, housing, transportation, and downtown revitalization
- define the roadmap for a sustainable future
The project has involved the creation and analysis of future development scenarios to inform the Sustainable Community Plan and Infrastructure Strategy.
City of Castlegar, BC